Here are the rules:
Each tagged person must post ten things about themselves. You have to choose and tag ten people. Go to their blogs and tell them you tagged them. No tag backs.
1. i love green in every shade. it inspires me and excites me and resonates with something inside me. favorite shade: the one created by sunlight shining through leaves at 930am and 430pm. specific? damn right.
2. two is my favorite number
3. when i was younger my father used to take us fishing. now i fish with my best friend. I love it. it relaxes me. i inevitably get bored and scheme to outsmart the fish, without success, but i love it. fish vs. ellerg-sometimes i win.
4. i used to be a nudist. until about 5 years of age i ran the neighborhood without clothes on. we lived in the south and my ancient neighbors used to describe me as being “neked as a jay bird.” my mother tried to clothe me, but i like the open air…
5. i.love.thunderstorms. i just lay in my bed for almost two hours listening to a massive rainshower that shook my walls and brought joy to my heart. there’s just something about them. they’re powerful and terrifying but soothing and they just speak to my soul.
6. i pretend to scoff at these quizzes but i actually love them. a lot.
7. my sister is having a baby in a couple months and i’m really really really afraid i’ll drop her. yet willing to risk it if that means holding her.
8. i have very bad insomnia (note the time of this post) I’m exhausted. but my mind will NOT shut off. it refuses to. even with the help of an anti-anxiety medication i’ve officially overdosed on tonight. nothing. still wide awake watching the battery on my phone screen fill and empty as it charges. sleep will you come tonight?
9. i resent more than i realize. i’m just now coming to terms with how bitter i am at people in my life for failing me. for leaving. for dying. for not giving a shit. i haven’t talked to my paternal grandparents(whom are both still alive) in at LEAST three or four years. and to tell you the truth, i think they’re happy with that. bitter and resentful but mostly sad.
10. my sister and i have our own dialect. it’s like twin speach but we’re not twins and it’s way nerdier. we’ve been doing it since i was in seventh grade. that’s like 13 years. we have entire conversations in our dialect and in some twisted way it’s our comfort, kind of a connection between the two of us no one will ever break. cause only she was there. only she saw what i saw. and only we can really know.